Description of job position
- Operating or tending equipment used in agricultural production, such as tractors, combines, and irrigation equipment.
- Observing and listening to machinery operation to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Attaching farm implements such as plows discs, sprayers, or harvesters to tractors, using bolts and hand tools.
- Driveling trucks to haul crops, supplies, tools, or farm workers.
- Adjusting, repairing, and servicing farm machinery and notifying supervisors when machinery malfunctions.
- Operating towed machines such as seed drills or manure spreaders to plant, fertilize, dust, and spray crops.
- Loading hoppers, containers, or conveyors to feed machines with products, using forklifts, transfer augers, suction gates, shovels, or pitchforks.
- Spraying fertilizer or pesticide solutions to control insects, fungus and weed growth, and diseases, using hand sprayers.
- Mixing specified materials or chemicals, and dump solutions, powders, or seeds into planter or sprayer machinery.
- Irrigating soil, using portable pipes or ditch systems, and maintaining ditches or pipes and pumps.
- Directing and monitoring the activities of work crews engaged in planting, weeding, or harvesting activities.
- Loading and unloading crops or containers of materials, manually or using conveyors, handtrucks, forklifts, or transfer augers.
- Weighing crop-filled containers, and record weights and other identifying information.
Position Agricultural Equipment Operator - Agriculture, Food Industry in the labour market
The job position is
in the salary ranking of
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Nursery School Teacher Assistant
Education, Science & Research
46,226 - 99,997 NGN
Chemical Lab Technician
79,431 - 152,637 NGN
Agricultural Equipment Operator
Agriculture, Food Industry
68,782 - 167,097 NGN
Arts & Culture
64,063 - 174,396 NGN
Chief Executive Officer
232,131 - 1,023,918 NGN