Description of job position
- Recording of shopping items in the cash register.
- Cancellation of incorrectly charged items.
- Checking the price and nature of charged items.
- Accepting cash in domestic and foreign currency, meal tickets, shopping vouchers and payment cards; issuing cash for the purchase made.
- Selling complementary goods in the vicinity of the cash desk.
- Performing sensory control of received banknotes and vouchers, complying with internal guidelines and safety procedures.
- Responsibility for the cash in the cash register, recounting and delivering of the daily receipts.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workplace.
The most common career path of an employee
The graphic shows how employees most often progress in their careers. Click on the name of the position to get to its detail with salary data.
Position Cashier - Commerce in the labour market
The job position is
in the salary ranking of
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Nursery School Teacher Assistant
Education, Science & Research
46,226 - 99,997 NGN
Medicine & Social Care
43,196 - 133,694 NGN
37,666 - 141,708 NGN
38,799 - 140,170 NGN
Chief Executive Officer
232,131 - 1,023,918 NGN