Description of job position
- Ensuring the smooth operation of a point of sale/shop.
- Responsibility for sales results and for meeting defined financial plans.
- Ordering goods and services depending on the balance of stocks and other circumstances.
- Hiring and training new staff.
- Managing, motivating, and evaluating staff, developing their professional skills and abilities.
- Completing a roster for work shifts, assigning work activities within the shop.
- Supervising the quality of goods and services provided to customers.
- Receiving complaints from customers, resolving claims pursuant to the valid legislation and internal regulations.
- Collecting daily revenues and securing their proper turnover.
- Performing regular, ongoing and spot inventories of goods in stock.
- Managing all the required documentation and other materials for payroll purposes.
The most common career path of an employee
The graphic shows how employees most often progress in their careers. Click on the name of the position to get to its detail with salary data.
Position Retail Store Manager - Commerce in the labour market
The job position is
in the salary ranking of
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Nursery School Teacher Assistant
Education, Science & Research
46,078 - 100,190 NGN
Economy, Finance, Accountancy
63,838 - 207,579 NGN
Retail Store Manager
52,557 - 224,584 NGN
Power-Generating Machinery Operator
Electrical & Power Engineering
88,468 - 174,736 NGN
Chief Executive Officer
206,465 - 1,086,608 NGN
Is this salary range too huge?
You can find out the average salary in your region by filling out a short questionnaireCompare your salary with others
Get detailed information on salaries in your country
Salary report for the company
* incl. VAT / 25 EUR excl. VATOrder the analysis
- Salary on position by region*, education, practice, business size
- Total salary and its components* (variable component, commissions, rewards)
- Responder distribution to payroll
- Salary ranges expressed by 1st decile, 1st quartile, median, 3rd quartile, 9th decile, and average wage.
- Detailed breakdown of all monitored non-financial benefits provided*
- Financial benefit analysis* * available when regression model is used