Description of job position
- Taking customer measurements using a tape measure (for sewing garments on request).
- Taking notes on distinctive figure imperfections (e.g. bulging belly, butt, curvy legs etc.).
- Providing advice on the selection of a suitable fabric, cut etc.
- Tracing designs on textiles, leather, imitation leather etc. by use of tailor’s chalk.
- Cutting out individual garments from the fabrics and other materials.
- Handing over the cut garments to tailors for sewing.
- Marking the clothes’ alterations with pins during testing.
- Handing over the marked clothes to tailors for finishing.
Position Fabric Cutter - Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry in the labour market
The job position is
in the salary ranking of
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Nursery School Teacher Assistant
Education, Science & Research
46,226 - 99,997 NGN
54,954 - 120,071 NGN
Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
62,407 - 110,626 NGN
Postal Delivery Worker
Transport, Haulage, Logistics
54,588 - 121,101 NGN
Chief Executive Officer
232,131 - 1,023,918 NGN