Description of job position
- Recording and analyzing data from world-wide weather stations, satellites, radars and remote sensors.
- Interpreting observations from the land, sea and upper atmosphere.
- Providing customers (such as civil aviation companies, broadcast companies and military units) with weather reports/forecasts.
- Employing mathematical and physical formulae and using specialist computer modelling applications to help make long and short range weather predictions.
- Researching and predicting climate change such as global warming.
- Helping to improve weather prediction models.
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
Position Meteorologist - Water Management, Forestry, Environment in the labour market
The job position is
in the salary ranking of
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Nursery School Teacher Assistant - Education, Science & Research
46354 - 99829 NGN
Distribution Clerk - Transport, Haulage, Logistics
68194 - 224381 NGN
Meteorologist - Water Management, Forestry, Environment
88223 - 196781 NGN
Refrigeration Mechanic - Construction & Real Estate
65236 - 228778 NGN
Chief Executive Officer - Top Management
224600 - 1035239 NGN