Description of job position
- Recording and analyzing data from world-wide weather stations, satellites, radars and remote sensors.
- Interpreting observations from the land, sea and upper atmosphere.
- Providing customers (such as civil aviation companies, broadcast companies and military units) with weather reports/forecasts.
- Employing mathematical and physical formulae and using specialist computer modelling applications to help make long and short range weather predictions.
- Researching and predicting climate change such as global warming.
- Helping to improve weather prediction models.
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
Position Meteorologist - Water Management, Forestry, Environment in the labour market
The job position is
in the salary ranking of
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Nursery School Teacher Assistant
Education, Science & Research
46,226 - 99,997 NGN
Transport, Haulage, Logistics
71,883 - 219,112 NGN
Water Management, Forestry, Environment
87,559 - 197,660 NGN
Construction & Real Estate
66,942 - 226,306 NGN
Chief Executive Officer
232,131 - 1,023,918 NGN